The bedroom is a sacred place for relaxation, which is shrouded in an atmosphere of calm and tranquility. It may sound paradoxical, but the bedroom is a place where you spend the most time of the day, although often with your eyes closed.
Does this mean that you can abandon the decor and limit yourself to empty boring walls? We don`t think so.. Of course, Abstract acrylic art will help you escape from the ordinary.
Firstly, the right decor will help to relax the brain and fall asleep faster, and will also create a feeling of fullness and completeness of the interior.
One painting or a set of 3?
If you limit yourself to tips on choosing paintings on the Internet, then you will stumble upon articles about flowers, landscapes, people on canvas. This advice is reasonable, but it is not suitable for everyone. We live in an era when art is full of styles, color combinations, shapes and it can help show your personality and creativity as well. Our artists move away from mediocrity and create paintings that break the stereotypes of art.
The painting also goes beyond a single canvas. TrendGallery artists create diptychs, triptychs, round Abstract paintings.
However, is it right to fill all the free walls with artworks? Our designers say that more than one painting in your space can be both a winning and a losing strategy.
In order to understand how many paintings will look good in your bedroom, use the following tips:
- Find all the free walls in the room, estimate their size and find out what size paintings are suitable for your walls.
- Please consider that between the viewpoint and the artwork there should be a distance 2 times longer than the height of the canvas. For example, you plan to hang the painting in size 40x40”. This means that you should be able to move away from the canvas by at least 80” (2 meters).
- Look at the location of the empty walls. If they are located next to each other or opposite each other.
- Please think about the orientation of the painting carefully. Remember that portrait paintings make the ceiling visually higher. And wide paintings look perfect in the rooms with high ceilings.
- Try to visualize the artworks you are interested in on the walls. Pay attention to all the decor in the room. Are there wall lamps or curtains, maybe posters, signs, flower pots etc. All these elements are important to take into account when choosing the number of paintings, as the interior may look sloppy.
How to visualize paintings on your walls
If you find it difficult to visualize the paintings yourself, you can contact us. Our designers will prepare some visualizations of the paintings in your space. They will also help with the color combinations for the paintings if you consider purchasing 2 or more paintings for your lounge room.
If your choice is one of the sets of paintings, then determine whether you are going to hang it on one wall or on several walls. In the latter case, you can choose two paintings that are similar in motives and colors, but have different images.
If you are considering a set of 2-3 paintings for one large wall, then pay attention to abstract landscapes, they will add light to your room as well as make the space wider and the walls higher.
Our designers suggest filling the space above the bed with one of our navy or beige paintings. If you have an empty wall opposite the bed, you can choose a painting that matches or contrasts with the one you hang above the bed. Remember that the last painting will be the center of your attention while falling asleep, so avoid too bright colors and opt for figurative art or a minimalist canvas.
If you still hesitate in future size of the painting please check some advice here in our article about «How to choose the size of a framed painting according to the size of the wall».